Law Enforcement Management - What Works and What Doesn't
by: Michael Carpenter, Roger Fulton
Softcover, 6 x 9, 188 pgs
ELECTRONIC VERSION / DOWNLOAD ONLY
This title is now available as a download for your Android, iDevice, Kindle or Nook! Click on the Red Box on the upper right side of our homepage. DOWNLOAD NOW!
Benefit from the combined wisdom of a team of successful managers who have discovered - through years of actual experience - the leadership techniques that succeed and those that don't. Tap into more than 60 years of their combined experience, law enforcement leadership experts, Michael Carpenter and Roger Fulton.
Topics include: Gaining confidence Earning respect Fostering Loyalty Administrating "survival" Leading the way
Avoid pitfalls on your path to success!! Do you know what it takes to be a GREAT Law Enforcement Manager?
Learn: The crucial steps you must take before your secure a management position. How to earn trust, loyalty, and respect from your officers...right from the start and keep it! Tips for getting valuable feedback from your personnel without compromising your position of confident leadership. Guidance on effectively dealing with "problem" subordinates. How to protect yourself and your agency from corruption, insubordination and other devastating issues. 8 things you can do to make your management style shine. Common mistakes that can crush your career and strategies to avoid them.
Includes analysis, exploration and advice on more than 50 actual management topics and situations that illustrate leadership principles you can broadly apply to your own work.
Learn the formula for success:
Motivated Professional --> Effective Manager --> Top Leader!
• The Compstat Paradigm: Management Accountability in Policing, Business and the Public Sector
• The Racial Profiling Controversy: What Every Police Leader Should Know
• Police Management Examinations Preparation Guide: Lieutenant - Captain- Assistant Chief
• Progressive Police Supervision: A Simple & Effective Approach for Managing a Police Agency
• What Every Chief Executive Should Know - Using Data to Measure Police Performance
• Intelligence-Led Policing - Leadership, Strategies and Tactics
• The New Age Of Police Supervision And Management: A Behavioral Concept
• Developing a Performance Management Model
• The Verbal Judo Way of Leadership - Empowering the Thin Blue Line from the Inside Up
• Civil Service Question Set
• A Practical Career Guide for Criminal Justice Professionals
• Effective Police Leadership - Moving Beyond Management, 3rd Edition
• Positive Police Leadership - Problem-Solving Planning