Suicide by Cop - A Comprehensive Examination of the Phenomenon and its Aftermath - 2nd Edition
by: Vivian B. Lord, Ph.D.
Softcover, 6 x 9, approx. 400 pgs
Ten years after writing the groundbreaking book on the Suicide by Cop (SbC) phenomena, Dr. Lord has returned to provide expert insight from the top legal, psychological and tactical minds nationally and internationally. The research, tactics, intervention, prevention and legal decisions in the area of SbC have expanded exponentially. Dr. Lord presents this data for anyone who might be faced with a SbC encounter.
Expanded content in this New Edition includes:
★ Proven real-world strategies for intervening in potential SbC situations;
★ Evidence-based research that will help officers and agencies determine whether an event is, by its characteristics and current definition, an SbC event;
★ Detailed insights into why, where and how often SbC incidents occur;
★ Post-incident investigative protocols;
★ Intervention and treatment to address the impact of SbC incidents;
★ Training for all involved emergency personnel to recognize and act when facing a potential SbC incident;
★ Priceless analysis from legal experts on SbC court decisions that help build strong cases, protect involved parties and agencies from the devastating consequences of SbC encounters, explains strategies in the representation of SbC litigants and discusses the involvement of expert witnesses.
Crucial for Law Enforcement, Academy Instructors, Tactical Advisors, Policy Makers, Agency Spokespeople, Prosecutors & Police Defense Attorneys, Counselors, Criminal Justice Educators
• Use of Force - Expert Guidance for Decisive Force Response - 2nd Edition
• METTLE: Mental Toughness Training for Law Enforcement
• Processing Under Pressure - 2nd Edition
• The Police Tactical Life Saver: Crucial Skills for Handling Major Medical Crises
• Conflict Resolution for Law Enforcement - Street Smart Negotiating
• Police Suicide Prevention, Assessment and Intervention
• The Street Officer's Guide to Emergency Medical Tactics