Rock-Solid Police Reports That Win In Court - Balancing Detail, Clarity & Brevity for Maximum Impact
by: Andie Metzger
Softcover, 3 3/4 x 6 1/4, 88 pages
DOWNLOAD NOW! This title is now available as a download for your Android or iDevice! Click on the Red Box on the upper right side of our homepage.
Want to improve your report writing to the point where you might even enjoy it?
Let a professionally trained writer AND experienced police detective help!
Det. Andie Metzger understands the challenges, frustrations and pitfalls of report writing better than most! As a top journalism graduate and successful police officer, she masterfully combines both "worlds" to teach veteran and new officers how to: Consistently establish the hard-to-find balance between too much information and not enough. Use the 5-step "outline approach" to help reports flow sequentially and understandably. Avoid falling victim to the more than 80 commonly misused words and phrases that can dimish credibility and weaken reports. Use strategically developed photography techniques to strengthen your case. Ensure that the use of street jargon doesn't confuse jurors and weaken report clarity. Avoid stepping over the fine line between stating facts and drawing conclusions in your reports.
It's a fact:Reports can make or break cases. Make sure yours are Rock-Solid!
• Winning Court Testimony for Law Enforcement Officers - The Law, Art & Science of Effective Court Communication
• Crime Scene Forensics Handbook - Crime Scene Technician Edition
• Crime Scene Forensics Handbook - Accident Investigation Edition
• Crime Scene Forensics Handbook - Bloodstain Pattern Edition
• How To Really, REALLY, Write Those Boring Police Reports - 2nd Edition
• Anatomy of a Motor Vehicle Stop
• Crime Scene Forensics Handbook - Police Officer Patrol Edition
• The New Dictionary of Legal Terms