How To Be Successful On Written Assessment Exercises For Police Promotion
by: Donald J. Schroeder, Ph.D., NYPD Capt. (Ret.) and Frank A. Lombardo, Dpty. Insp. NYPD (Ret.)
Looseleaf binder, 220 page insert
Priceless insight into the pivotal written portion of promotional exams and expert guidance for achieving optimal scores and top ranking!
The perfect companion to "How to Be Successful on Oral Assessment Exercises"!
Includes keys to understanding the scoring process, foundational principles of administration and supervision, time management advice and helpful samples including forms, memos, even a complete In-Basket practice exercise! Also shares detailed explanations of other important exercises including "Scheduling," "Video Simulation," and "Report Writing."
Table of Contents:
PART ONE - General Considerations Chapter 1 - How to effectively use this book Chapter 2 - "Dimensions" The key to the scoring process Chapter 3 - Principles of Adminstration, Supervision, and Management in generic form Chapter 4 - The most common forms of Written Assessment Exercises Chapter 5 - The importance of time management
PART TWO - Explaining The Specific Exercises Chapter 6 - The "Scheduling Exercise" Chapter 7 - The "Video Simulation" Exercise Chapter 8 - The "Report Writing" Exercise Chapter 9 - The "Structured In-Basket" Exercise Chapter 10 - The "Unstructured In-Basket" Exercise
PART THREE -Practice Exercises Chapter 11 - The Practice Scheduling Exercise Chapter 12 - Practice Video Simulation Exercise Chapter 13 - Practice Written Exercise Chapter 14 - A Practice Structured In-Basket Exercise Chapter 15 - A Practice Unstructured In-Basket Exercise
• The ULTIMATE Criminal Justice Promotion Quizzer
• Supervision Card Course Self-Testing CD
• Police Management Examinations Preparation Guide: Lieutenant - Captain- Assistant Chief
• Police Sergeant Examination Preparation Guide - Earning Your Stripes
• Supervision Card Course Pocket Study Aid
• Police Supervisor's Test Manual Interactive Self-Testing Program CD
• How To Be Successful On Oral Assessment Exercises For Police Promotion
• Police Supervisor's Test Manual
• Civil Service Question Set