Legal Issues in Homeland Security - U.S. Supreme Court Cases
by: Terrence P. Dwyer
Softcover 7 x 10, 472 pages
If you are studying Homeland Security or related disciplines or you are active in a position that requires you to maintain and protect democracy and the rights of a free society against terrorism, you need this text.
Gain a complete understanding of the important legalities surrounding the critical issue of keeping the homeland secure as dictated by the Supreme Court, from the earliest days of the nation up to today's pressurized post-9/11 world.
Aggressive efforts to identify, protect against and eliminate terrorist threats inevitably attracts controversy and inspires intense focus on government activities. As a result, all government representatives must be absolutely assured in their understanding of and confidence in the legalities that undergird a free, democratic society.
Includes case reviews, expert commentary and compelling discussion questions
• Detecting Deception - The Art & Science of uncovering and testifying to the truth
• Invasion of Privacy and the Law
• A Summary Of U.S. Supreme Court Decisions For The Criminal Justice Community with CD database
• A Proactive Law Enforcement Guide to the War on Terror Pocket Guide
• Constitutional Law For Criminal Justice Professionals
• Terrorism Prevention & Response Guide - 3rd Edition